Planning can help patients control fertility treatment costs
The team at USC Fertility delivers exemplary infertility care so that our patients can have the families they desire. Our Los Angeles fertility center believes that finances shouldn’t stop our patients from accomplishing their parenthood goals. We support our patients and help them manage fertility treatment costs by providing detailed explanations of treatment expenses, answering insurance questions and identifying financing options.
Understanding how fertility treatment costs work
For couples and individuals pursuing infertility treatment, figuring out how to pay for everything requires advanced planning. The finance team at our Los Angeles fertility center wants to ensure that our patients don’t feel discouraged by fertility treatment costs. Unlike other medical treatments, infertility is not always covered by medical insurance. Having a clear picture of the expenses can help you to formulate a detailed plan to achieve success.
Our Los Angeles fertility center shares tips to prepare for fertility treatment costs
As you begin the infertility treatment process, we want you to feel ready for the journey ahead. Consider the following suggestions from USC Fertility to help plan for fertility treatment costs.
- Review your insurance benefits. Insurance coverage for infertility can run the gamut. Some plans will cover medications, but not the actual procedures. Other plans will cover options like intrauterine insemination (IUI) before you can move on to in vitro fertilization (IVF). Having detailed explanations of your coverage will ensure that you can make informed decisions about infertility treatment.
- Contact your HR department. To recruit and keep top talent, many companies offer expanded benefits to employees, which may include additional coverage towards infertility treatment costs. You and your partner should each reach out to human resources to see what options may be available.
- Explore outside financing options. USC Fertility has partnered with CAPEXMD so that patients have access to affordable, stress-free financing options. Visit CAPEXMD.com to learn more.
- Research additional resources. Certain nonprofit organizations provide financial assistance to select infertility patients. You can find out more about these options by conducting research online.
- Review your budget. Look at expenses and see where you can cut back. Giving up a daily latte or brown bagging lunch instead of eating out can add up quickly and free up additional funds for treatment costs.
When you are struggling to conceive, you may feel discouraged. Our Los Angeles fertility center doesn’t want financial issues to add to your stress. At USC Fertility, we provide many fertility treatment options to our patients. Contact our office for an explanation of fertility treatment costs or to schedule an appointment.