Fertility Specialist, Richard Paulson MD is Board Certified in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Dr. Richard Paulson is the Director of USC Fertility, and has been with the practice since 1986. He is also a Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Chief of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine.
Dr. Paulson has been rated one of “The Best Doctors in America” continuously since 1994. He has published several landmark investigations addressing the effect of age upon female fertility, including the first observation that egg donation could be used to extend the reproductive lifespan in women over 40. Dr. Paulson’s work has extended to fertility in women over the age of 50 and, in 1997, he reported a successful pregnancy in the oldest woman on record at the time, aged 63.
- Recertified Diplomate (Obstetrics and Gynecology, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility), 1997
- The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Inc. (Reproductive Endocrinology), 1988
- The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Inc. (Obstetrics and Gynecology), 1987
Dr. Paulson completed his B.S. in Physics, Magna Cum Laude, from the University of California Los Angeles, College of Letters and Science, and his M.D. from the University of California Los Angeles, School of Medicine.
He received his specialty training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center and subspecialty training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Southern California School of Medicine, where he joined the full-time faculty in 1986.
Honors and Awards
Dr. Paulson’s commitment to quality patient care and his research have been recognized and awarded by the media, universities, professional societies, and related-industry.
- The American Fertility Association’s 2005 Howard and Georgeanna Jones Lifetime Achievement Award
- Excellence in Teaching Award – Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics, 2004
- Good Housekeeping, Best Doctors for Women, 1997
- America’s Top Doctors, 2002 to date
- Over 25 best paper research awards
Area of Expertise
- Fertility in Women of Advanced Age
- Egg Freezing, Embryo Implantation
- Fertility in Diverse Populations
- Ovarian Hyper-Stimulation Syndrome
- Third-Party Parenting
- Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
- Uterine Receptivity