Department of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA
Drexel University College of Medicine
Hahnemann University Hospital
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
*Chief Administrative Resident 2017-2018
Drexel University College of Medicine
Barnard College, Columbia University
New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts, Major: Psychology, Minor: Spanish
Universidad de Málaga
- Danis RB, Pereira N, Elias R. Random start ovarian stimulation for fertility preservation. Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology Accepted for publication 2017 April.
- Danis RB and Richard SD. It is time to replace postpartum tubal ligation with bilateral salpingectomy. Reproductive Immunology 2016; 2(18): 1-2.
- Danis RB, Della Badia CR, and Richard SD. Postpartum Sterilization: Could Bilateral Salpingectomy Replace Tubal Ligation? Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology 2016 May; 23: 928-932.
- Danis RB, Brannon RK, and Pereira N. Acute urinary retention due to a nonincarcerated retroverted gravid uterus. International Urogynecology Journal, 2015 Mar; 26(3): 453-454.
- Weinreb EB, Cholst IN, Ledger WJ, Danis RB, and Rosenwaks Z. Should all oocyte donors receive prophylactic antibiotics for retrieval? Fertility and Sterility 2010 Dec; 94(7): 2935-2937.
- Danis RB, Wolf SM, Croft DJ. “How to narrow the knowledge gap according to inner-city young females.” Poster presentation at the 31st Annual North American Society of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology Annual Clinical and Research Meeting, Chicago, Il. April 2017.
- Danis RB, Della Badia CR, and Richard SD. “The aftermath of eliminating morcellation on minimally invasive hysterectomies.” Abstract acceptance and oral presentation at the 45th AAGL Global Congress, Orlando, Fl. November 2016.
- Danis RB, Della Badia CR, and Richard SD. “Postpartum Sterilization: Could Bilateral Salpingectomy Replace Tubal Ligation?” Abstract acceptance and oral presentation at the 44th AAGL Global Congress. Las Vegas, NV. November 2015.
- Chokshi RP, Morin N, Danis RB, and Guilfoil DS. “Effect of TOLAC on Postpartum Sterilization Rates.” Abstract and poster presentation at the ACOG Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting. San Francisco, CA. May 2015
- Pereira N, Wishall K, Seufert J, Della Badia CR, Danis RB. “Safety of Left Upper Quadrant Entry During Laparoscopic Surgery in Obese Patients with a History of Prior Abdominal Surgery.” (Virtual Poster) 43rd AAGL Global Congress. Vancouver, British Columbia. November 2014.
- Figure skating instructor, Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park, New York, NY, 2009- 2010
Taught both children and adults, private and group lessons, as well as choreographed
- The Center for Reproductive Medicine and Infertility, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, NY Presbyterian Hospital, Clinical research assistant, New York, NY, Summer 2009
Shadowed physicians’ office hours, attended donor-egg conferences
- Middle School and High School Tutor, Long Island, NY, December 2004 – 2011
- General Chemistry Department at Barnard College, Lab Assistant, Barnard College, New York, NY, 2008- 2009
Prepared lab equipment and materials for Barnard students enrolled in introductory chemistry lab courses
- Association for Children with Down Syndrome, Teacher’s Assistant, Plainview, NY, Summer 2007
Assisted in classroom of children ages 5 – 6 with severe mental disabilities
Mentorship & Community Service
- American Medical Women’s Association at Drexel University College of Medicine– Guest Speaker, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, December 2017
Invited to speak on a panel hosted by the medical school’s Mentorship Committee
- Mothers & Baby Drexel Dragons Program-Case Simulation Teacher and Mentor, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 2017
- “Dining with an Alumna” – Guest Speaker, Barnard College, New York, NY, October 2015
Invited to host at a pre-health advising session for Barnard undergraduates
- “Power Up Gambia”– Event Coordinator and Host, Philadelphia, PA, August 2015
Organized a private yoga class for Drexel OB/GYN staff to raise money for an organization that funds solar-powered energy resources for Sulayman Junkung General Hospital in Bwiam, Gambia.
- “How about pro-safety?”– Event Coordinator and Host, Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, January 2014
Organized an event with the executive director of the Women’s Medical Fund (WMF) to speak to Drexel University graduate students about the evolution of women’s reproductive right’s since Roe v Wade and discuss WMF’s objective
- Pediatric AIDS Benefit Concert– Event Coordinator, Dancer, Choreographer, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 2010-2014
Choreographed and danced jazz performances; assisted with fundraising and advertising for the event
- Student “Big”– Medical student mentor, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, August 2011-May 2014
Mentored incoming and enrolled medical students involved in the Program for Integrated Learning (PIL) at Drexel University College of Medicine
- MASTI! -Dancer, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, December 2011
Sponsored by Drexel University College of Medicine’s South Asian Medical Students Association (SAMSA). All profits went towards Maiti Nepal, an organization geared towards helping victims of human trafficking.
- Community Outreach– Teacher and mentor, A. Philip Randolph Career and Technical High School, Philadelphia, PA, 2011
Taught science and exam-preparation material to 10th and 11th graders enrolled in the Health Related Technology program
- Medical Student Admissions Interviewer & Host– Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 2010- 2011
Interviewed, evaluated, and hosted applicants for Drexel University College of Medicine
- Outpatient Clinic Volunteer– Healthcare Outreach Program at Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 2010- 2011
Volunteered at the Eliza Shirley Homeless Shelter and the Salvation Army Rehabilitation Center
Skills & Interests
- Dancer – Ballet and Jazz, 2004-present
- Competitive Figure Skater & Ice Dancer, 1998-2010
- Runner – both long distance and sprint interval training
- English – primary
- Spanish – functional fluency