University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine
Los Angeles, CA – 2018-Present
Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Fellowship
Wayne State University / Detroit Medical Center
Detroit, MI – 2014-2018
Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency, Academic Chief Resident
OB/GYN Residency, 2011-2014
OB/GYN Chief Resident, 2014-2015
Cincinnati, OH – 2013-2014
General Surgery Residency – Internship
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
Cincinnati, OH – 2009-2013
Doctor of Medicine
Evanston, IL – 2005-2009
Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering, Summa Cum Laude
- Wayne State University / Detroit Medical Center Ob/Gyn Residency Arthur G. Seski, M.D. / Chairman’s Award for best overall graduating resident – 2018
- Wayne State University / Detroit Medical Center Ob/Gyn Residency academic achievement award for highest CREOG score in class 2015, 2016, and 2018
- 2nd place prize for poster presentation at Wayne Day conference December 6, 2016, Detroit MI.
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine Choose Ohio First Scholarship – 2009
- Northwestern University McCormick School of Engineering Robotic Design Competition Semifinalist – 2009
- Northwestern University Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society – 2006
- Northwestern University National Merit Scholarship – 2005
- Alhousseini, A., Ebrahim, S., Awadalla, M., Patwardhan, M., & Gonik, B. (2017). Use of Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization Technology to Explain a Confusing Case of Vasa Previa. Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine.
- Maria Maldonado, Ali Alhousseini, Michael Awadalla, et al., “Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy Leading to Severe Vitamin K Deficiency and Coagulopathy,” Case Reports in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 2017, Article ID 5646247, 3 pages, 2017. doi:10.1155/2017/5646247
- Michael Awadalla, Manasi Patwardhan, Adham Alsamsam, and Nashat Imran, “Management of Liddle Syndrome in Pregnancy: A Case Report and Literature Review,” Case Reports in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 2017, Article ID 6279460, 4 pages, 2017. doi:10.1155/2017/6279460
- Michael Awadalla, “Heparin Reversal with Protamine Sulfate for Emergency Cesarean Delivery” Case report poster presentation May 23rd 2018 at the Michigan Section, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Junior Fellow Research Day; Lansing, MI.
- Awadalla M, Patek K, Tabbakh J, and Patwardhan S. “Design, Engineering, and Safety Testing of an iOS Mobile Phone Application for Fetal Vibroacoustic Stimulation” Oral presentation May 24th 2017 at the Michigan Section, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Junior Fellow Research Day; Lansing, MI.
- Maria C Maldonado, Michael S Awadalla, Jay Idler, Welch Robert, and Alhousseini Ali, “Severe Vitamin K Deficiency in Pregnancy Presenting with Preterm Labor, Intrahepatic Cholestasis, and Hematuria” Case report poster presentation March 16th 2017 at the Society for Reproductive Investigation 64th Annual Scientific Meeting in Orlando, FL.
- Michael Awadalla, Roohi Jeelani, Zain Al-Safi, Elizabeth Puscheck, Husam M. Abu-Soud, Awoniyi Awonuga, Manvinder Singh, “Fetal heart rate and gestational sac size as predictors of spontaneous abortion in pregnancies achieved by assisted reproductive technology.” Wayne Day conference December 6, 2016, Detroit MI.
- Michael Awadalla, “Estimating the Glomerular Filtration Rate in the Non-Steady State” Poster presentation at Wayne State University School of Medicine Graduate Student Research Day October 7th 2016 in Detroit MI.
- Wayne State University / Detroit Medical Center – Detroit, MI
Principal Investigator for randomized controlled trial “Mobile phone application versus handheld device for fetal vibroacoustic stimulation.” – 2017-2018
This is an IRB approved study to compare the effectiveness of a custom built mobile phone application to that of an existing device for eliciting fetal heart rate accelerations.
- TriHealth – Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology – Cincinnati, OH
Research Assistant, Principal Investigator Catrina Crisp MD – 2012-2013
Retrospective review of compliance with American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) guidelines for optimal administration of prophylactic antibiotics prior to cesarean delivery.
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital – Division of Biomedical Informatics – Cincinnati, OH
Research Assistant, Principal Investigator Bruce Aronow – June-Sept 2010
Researched effects of maternal folate supplementation on offspring and associated changes in fetal DNA methylation.
- Northwestern University – Biomedical Engineering Department – Evanston, IL
Research Assistant, Principal Investigator Dean Ho – 2007-2008
Worked on ibuprofen eluting micropatch device project. Performed cell cultures, RT-PCR, and operated parylene plastic deposition machine used to coat surfaces of biomedical devices.
- Washington University School of Medicine – Department of Neurology – St. Louis, MO
Research Assistant, Principal Investigator Kel Yamada MD – June-Sept 2007
Tested methods of anti-seizure drug administration on mice, performed EEG on mice, and performed ELISA for protein detection in mice brain tissue.
- Detroit Medical Center Quality Improvement – 2018
Increasing Patient-Provider Continuity in an Ob/Gyn Resident Clinic
- Detroit Medical Center University Health Center Ob/Gyn Clinic Committee – 2015-2018
- Jewish Hospital, Mercy Health System Quality Improvement – 2013
Streamlined testing for heparin induced thrombotic thrombocytopenia
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine Education Policy Committee – 2011-2013
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine LCME Self Study – 2011
Curriculum Content and Structure Group Member
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine Curriculum Analysis and Revision Taskforce – 2010-2011
Information Technology Subtaskforce Member